I turned 39 the day before!
Most of my 30s were a troubled time. Struggling with a child who would fall ill frequently, a husband who was always busy so unavailable, and being forced into a joint family which was dysfunctional in its own way, I lost all my sheen.
Initially I tried what every Indian girl of 80s/90s is taught to do.
Adjust, keep your mouth shut, listen to what elders say and so forth.
I became an epitome of peace! Though, I was not at peace within.
Slowly, I learnt a few changes which helped me embrace life!
1. No matter how busy life gets, take time out for yourself.
2. Develop a hobby and continue pursuing it if it makes you happy. It could be anything, running, cycling, reading, singing, painting and so on.
3. Spend quality time with your spouse. If you both are emotionally unavailable to each other, there will be constant bickering.
4. Spend quality time with your kid, not just bossing him around. It could be as less as 15 min a day but make sure you both relax and look forward to that part of the day.
5. Spend time without devices.
6. Yoga and meditation are a great way to destress.
7. Stand up for yourself. If you do not, no one else will.
These changes helped me embrace serenity!
Do tell me how you cope?
This post is a part of Write Tribe Festival of Words 4 – 10 March
#writetribe #writingbravely #celebratewritetribe